Frequent Questions and Answers about Vodafone cash.

What is Vodafone Cash?
Vodafone Cash is a fast, simple and secure service that allows you to use your mobile phone to transfer money and make payments.

What other payments can I use Vodafone Cash for apart from transferring money?
Vodafone cash can be used to send and receive money, top up airtime for self and other Vodafone numbers, pay bills (Vodafone Bills) as well as buy goods and services.

Do I need to have a bank account to use Vodafone Cash?
No. Vodafone Cash is available for everyone with a mobile phone. All you need is a Vodafone Cash account which you will get once you register for the service.

How do I register for Vodafone Cash?
You need to visit any Vodafone Retail Shop or agent point of sale with a valid photo ID. You will also need to provide the following details;
Name
Date of Birth
Address
Vodafone Mobile Number
National Id details

Do I need a new Vodafone SIM to register for Vodafone Cash?
No. You can use your existing Vodafone number to register.

Can I register for Vodafone Cash if I am not a Vodafone subscriber?
No. Only Vodafone subscribers can register for Vodafone Cash. Subscribers on other networks can either purchase a Vodafone SIM or port their existing number to Vodafone

Do I need a smart phone to register for Vodafone Cash?
No, you can any working mobile phone. The service does not run on data but USSD.

How long does it take to register for Vodafone Cash and how much does it cost?
The Vodafone Cash registration process lasts less than 10 minutes and registration is free.

What is a start key?
The start key is the first Pin received after registration. The PIN must be changed before initiating your first transaction.

How do I load money onto my Vodafone Cash wallet?
Visit any Vodafone Retail Shop or any Vodafone Cash agent. Give the agent your phone number and the amount of money you would want to deposit and you will receive an SMS indicating that your Vodafone Cash wallet has been credited with the amount.

Can I load my wallet using airtime vouchers?
No. Your Vodafone Cash wallet can only be loaded with cash at a Vodafone Cash agent or Vodafone Retail shop.

Can I send money to friends who are not registered for Vodafone Cash or are on other networks?
Yes, you can send money to unregistered Vodafone Cash users including those on other networks. The recipient will receive a voucher code by SMS that will be needed in withdrawing the money

Is there a limit for how long an unregistered customer can keep a voucher code without withdrawal?
Yes, the voucher code can be kept for 7 days and thereafter be returned to the sender if not redeemed.

If I send money to unregistered numbers, will they be charged for withdrawing the money?
No. unregistered Vodafone Cash subscribers will not be required to pay withdrawal fees.

Can I send money to people who have no phones?
No. You can only send Vodafone Cash to subscribers with mobile phones.

Can I send receive money from outside Ghana with my Vodafone Cash account?
No. currently, you can only transact with Vodafone Cash in Ghana.

Do I need a minimum balance in my Vodafone Cash account to keep it running?
You can maintain any amount in your Vodafone Cash account. There are no minimum requirements.

Are there any maintenance charges on my Vodafone Cash account?
No. Charges are only applied with transactions. There is no maintenance charge.

Can I check the balance on my Vodafone Cash account?
Yes, dial the USSD short code *110# or call 110 and select ‘My Account’. You can check your balance as well as request a mini statement of your last five transactions.

Is the money in my Vodafone Cash account safe?
Yes, your money is safe as long as you keep your Vodafone Cash PIN a secret. If you believe your PIN has been compromised, you can change the PIN on the USSD menu for free. Do not give out your PIN or carry it with your phone.

What will happen to my account if my phone or my SIM is stolen or lost?
The money in your account is still safe. You can visit any Vodafone Retail Shop or call the call centre on 100 to block your account. You can have your account back after a SIM swap.

What happens to my account if I’m deceased?
The money in your account will be given to your next of kin.

What do I do if I forget my PIN?
Visit any Vodafone Retail Shop or call the Vodafone Call Centre on 100.

How many times am I allowed to change my PIN?
There is no limit on the number of times you can change your PIN.

Is my Vodafone Cash PIN the same as my SIM card PIN?
No. Your Vodafone Cash PIN a number selected after registration which will protect your account from external transactions

Will I receive interest on the money in my Vodafone Cash account?
No. You will not receive interest on the money in your Vodafone Cash wallet.

Can I access my bank account using Vodafone Cash?
No. This service is currently unavailable

What do I do in case of a wrong money transfer?
You will always get the chance to view your transaction details and confirm transaction before the money is sent but in the case of money transfers to wrong recipients, you can contact the Vodafone call centre on 100 or visit any Vodafone Retail Shop. Note, however that Vodafone will not be held liable if the recipient has already spent the money.

Can I perform a Vodafone Cash transaction even when the Vodafone network is down?
No. Vodafone Cash relies on the Vodafone network and so you cannot perform transactions if the Vodafone network is down.

I did not get an SMS confirming transaction completion.
This could be because your SMS inbox is full and you need to delete some items to make way for the confirmation SMS. In some cases, the SMS may delay but if you do not receive an SMS within 30 minutes of completing a transaction, contact the Vodafone Cash call centre on 100.

Can I close my Vodafone Cash account?
Yes. Your Vodafone Cash account can be closed on your behalf following a request to do so from you.

How much does it cost to send money on Vodafone cash?
Refer to the reference guide or visit www.vodafone.com.gh . The charges for some of the transactions are also displayed in the confirmation prompt before the transaction is completed.

Can I get an overdraft on my Vodafone Cash account?
No. you cannot send more than what is available in your wallet.

Can I change my Vodafone number and still keep my Vodafone Cash account?
Yes. You can move your account from one Vodafone number to another after providing some security information to confirm your ownership of the account.

Is there a limit to how much money I can send?
Yes, the maximum you can transfer is GH C 2,500. Refer to the reference guide or visit www.vodafone.com.gh for information on limits.

How do I collect money sent to me if I am not a registered Vodafone Cash user?
You will receive an SMS with a voucher code when you receive the money on your phone. Visit any Vodafone Retail Shop or Vodafone Cash point of sale with the voucher code to redeem the money.

How long does it take to transfer money to another person?
It takes less than a minute for the money sent to reach the phone or account of the recipient.

Can I register more than one account with my Vodafone number?

No. you can only register one Vodafone Cash account with one Vodafone number.

How long does it take for my account to become inactive?
It takes one year of inactivity for a Vodafone Cash account to become inactive.

Can someone withdraw money from my account on my behalf?
No. the person will need your PIN and for security reasons, you are not advised to share your PIN with anyone.

Who is a Vodafone Cash Agent?
A Vodafone Cash agent is a business authorized by Vodafone to conduct transactions with the customer on behalf of Vodafone. Agents accept deposits and perform withdrawals as well as provide training and guidance to customers on new Vodafone Cash products and services.

What is the help line number for Vodafone Cash?
Call 100 and follow the voice prompts.

source: Vodafone Ghana

No comments:

Post a Comment